Fallonites Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

choir trip cancelled

2 posters

Go down

choir trip cancelled Empty choir trip cancelled

Post  kathy Wed May 05, 2010 6:31 pm

i wonder if carolyn ross or mr lords is happy with them selves since cancelling the choir trip to the s.f giants game and where is the money at that the kids raised for the trip. according to a certain vice principal i talked to they are blaming mrs. archeys husband for being sick and in the hospital by saying tht she didnt need to leave him here by himself when that isssue was already taken care of the real answer is that the school district and mr. lords acted in retaliation because they are being sued by mrs. archey i think the superintendant needs to give the money back to the kids and mrs archey to use for a party or go somewhree fun to show the kids and mrs archey how much they are appreciated at the high school for teh concert choir kids and the band all the parents of the choir and band kids need to go to the school board meeting tomorrow night at lahontan elementary at 600 pm in the auditorium and support mrs archey and the kids let the superintendant know what she did was wrong Mad

kathy

Back to top Go down

choir trip cancelled Empty Re: choir trip cancelled

Post  Momof4 Thu May 20, 2010 11:31 pm

It is my understanding that the decision to cancel the trip was made by a vice-principle, not Mr. Lords because Mrs. Archey has filed a lawsuit against him. Also, I have heard from parents of choir students that the reasons the trip was cancelled was because so many issues of protocol and safety had been ignored or bypassed by Mrs. Archey that there was no possible way the administration could correct everything in the short window of time they had from the time Mrs. Archey said she could not go.

Momof4

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbie Fri May 21, 2010 9:41 am

I have heard so many rumors regarding the cancelled choir trip and none of them are true. Mrs. Archey has this trip down to a science as far as fundraising, lodging, transportation, and chaperones. She did everything she has done in previous years to prepare for this trip. The only difference is that this year the administration is unhappy with her because of the whole "choirgate" thing. They would love to see her go away. So they are trying to make her life miserable. This mess isn't going away. There are a lot of questions regarding all the money that was paid and not refunded to the parents, and also the money raised by the kids with their fundraisers. Did this money stay in the music dept. or did the school take it into their general fund to squander like they do everything else? No one has given any satisfactory answers.

Barbie

Back to top Go down

choir trip cancelled Empty Mrs. Archey

Post  Momof4 Sat May 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Barbie, I am sorry I can't jump on the "Support Mrs. Archey" bandwagon. The "choirgate" situation was one of her own making. I know a lot of kids from choir and their parents and she was not up front with them about those tapes, bottom line. Not only that, two of the students she said she held tapes on because they weren't ready, they went to state and won, in solo competitions. So much for not being ready. After hearing other sides of the story other than Mrs. Archey's, I just have to say, what was she thinking? No, she doesn't have to do honor choir, but she chooses to, and is paid a stipend, just like athletic coaches are paid for coaching sports teams. I just feel like she abused her power and authority and got caught.

Momof4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum