Fallonites Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too many vehicles??

+2
Admin
wolfie10
6 posters

Go down

Too many vehicles?? Empty Too many vehicles??

Post  wolfie10 Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm curious as to how other people in the community feel about our tax paying dollars going to pay someone to drive around the county and see how many vehicles people have on thier property. I have been hearing this a lot and wondering when he's gonna drive by my house. My family races up at Rattlesnake raceway and we have several parts cars. I guess if they don't want us to race we could just do drugs and corrupt the town like it's starting to become. There's not much else to do in town. and just FYI we don't do drugs
wolfie10
wolfie10

Back to top Go down

Too many vehicles?? Empty Re: Too many vehicles??

Post  Admin Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Hmm. I haven't heard about this. What county organization is supposed to be driving around counting cars...and for what purpose?
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fallonites.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Also, how would counting cars prohibit you from racing at Rattlesnake?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfie10 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:36 pm

You're only allowed to have 2 unregistered vehicles on your property so someone from the county drives around to see how many cars you have. I can't exactly afford to buy new parts all the time so we have parts cars to fix our race cars with. If I have to buy new parts all the time I won't be able to afford to race
wolfie10
wolfie10

Back to top Go down

Post  Fallonmom Sun May 02, 2010 11:14 am

Well personally speaking, we have a neighbor that has 9 cars and a bunch of other trash on his property. We live in the County. Code enforcement has been out here to talk to him. A complaint was filed April 07 and still only 2 cars have been moved, and very little trash burned. I bought a nice home with 5 acres of Property, and our neighborhood is nice, all except for this one piece of property. No one wants to live next to that, it also de-values our homes.
Maybe take the parts from your cars, and store them, then take the car bodies to the junk yard.
Your hobbies shouldn't interfere with your neighbors lifestyles.

Last edited by Admin on Sun May 02, 2010 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Personal information disclosed)

Fallonmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 02, 2010 11:51 am

Wolfie, is it possible to store your vehicles somewhere else?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Too many vehicles?? Empty R.E.

Post  Dusty Boots Mon May 03, 2010 9:16 am

I just wanted to comment on the car's in your yard thing.That is Not a law by any means,Back in i think 02,a bunch of folk's got together and decided that you cant have so many vehicles on your property in plain view.Well that is not a law and there is nothing anyone can do about your own property,if they did mess with a citizen it would be considered harrasment.Furthermore if they wanted to push it to the federal level the federal government will laugh at whoever it may be,Pointing out that this is america and why would folk's even buy land if they cant have thier possesion's as well.

Dusty Boots

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 03, 2010 11:36 am

Good point, Dusty.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaphneR Mon May 03, 2010 12:10 pm

I think there is a difference if you have 9 cars (not operating) in your front yard, then to have them in the back. We have a neighbor that actually cut into his backyard to store his cars. You can't see it from the road. Pretty creative.
DaphneR
DaphneR

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 03, 2010 12:25 pm

That's true, Daphne. If you have tons of cars/junk/whatever in your back yard (or at least not visible in front), it's not as much of an eyesore. However, if you have just regular junk cluttering your yard, as long as its on your property, I would think that's not illegal. (I don't know though...)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaphneR Mon May 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Depends where you live. We are also in the county, but we have CC&R's that restrict a lot of things. Things like 2 dogs, not outhouses (lol)...so on. There's always something. Smile
DaphneR
DaphneR

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfie10 Tue May 04, 2010 8:34 am

Well all of our cars are in our backyard and they're lined up and not scattered. One of my friends got turned in and so he made it so you can't see the stuff from the road but they are still fighting him. Dusty do you know of anything that is in the laws about this? Because I think the county is trying to sue my friend
wolfie10
wolfie10

Back to top Go down

Post  Fallonmom Tue May 04, 2010 9:12 am

I know that this goes through Code Enforcement, and the County gives you so long to clean up the mess, if it's not done they will fine you and if it's still not done they will take it to court, the process takes a while because they have steps to take.

In our situation the neighbor owns the property in front of him where his house is, and behind him, where all of our homes are. His lot behind him has no home just trash, over 9 vehicles, old oil barrels, 2 trailers a tractor, probably 30 tires, old bricks,generators,gas cans, barb wire, steel beams etc. At one point he was going to put a fence around it to hide it from the road, but code enforcement told him that it was still against code and had to be taken care of.

Fallonmom

Back to top Go down

Too many vehicles?? Empty R.E.

Post  Dusty Boots Wed May 05, 2010 11:40 am

wolfie10 wrote:Well all of our cars are in our backyard and they're lined up and not scattered. One of my friends got turned in and so he made it so you can't see the stuff from the road but they are still fighting him. Dusty do you know of anything that is in the laws about this? Because I think the county is trying to sue my friend
.You know i dont really know the official laws, but i do know that there is a difference in the city and county.I belive there isnt much they can do in the county,but the city is another story.It also has to do with what the "eyesore" consists of. D.B.

Dusty Boots

Back to top Go down

Too many vehicles?? Empty County Code for Too many vehicles?

Post  bmathews Sat May 15, 2010 4:10 am

County Code can be found online at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or you can go to the Churchill County Library and read it there. The library lets you copy the first 5 pages from reference material for free, and charges 10 cents per page after that.

bmathews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum