Fallonites Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It NEEDS improvements

5 posters

Go down

It NEEDS improvements Empty It NEEDS improvements

Post  fallonferts Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:33 pm

we don't need a New theater-- although it wouldn't be terrible if a nice one was built-- but the old one holds memories-- it just needs a helping hand and a great deal of LOVE

fallonferts

Back to top Go down

It NEEDS improvements Empty Re: It NEEDS improvements

Post  zandar*mans*mommy Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:58 am

I agree I think the owner can do a lot her owns the building! It needs a new air system seats and the way the are put in you would ever fit more. We go out of town I dont want to sit in a black seat when it should be red. The air comes on and smells like the ocean salt, a little time and love would make him a lot more money! So many people just dont go anymore cold popcorn and your seat falls out from you when you are watching and you need the seat infornt of you to put your feet beacuse you cant recline seats! MAke Fallon nice a place for tourest, This is one of the big steps not flowers!

zandar*mans*mommy

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectator Sat May 01, 2010 9:45 pm

There's no doubt the theater could use some sprucing up, but it's far too easy to throw insults at the owners instead of trying to find solutions. The owners, Bob and Mary Beth Erickson, love Fallon and have shown their support for many years by providing support to various local causes. Bob was a former mayor of Fallon and is a current councilman and he makes very thoughtful decisions when it comes to our city. Renovating the theater takes MONEY, and the Ericksons were saddled with an enormous bill courtesy of the state for a completely separate matter that took many years to pay (which I won't go into detail about, it's their private business, but maybe it'll provide a little perspective on their situation.)

Let's stop attacking them and instead look for possible grants or fundraiser we could establish to help. Maybe we could start a "Friends of the Fallon Theatres" group with a goal of doing just that.
Spectator
Spectator

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 01, 2010 9:48 pm

I think a "Friends of the Fallon Theatre" group sounds like a great idea! People have mentioned before (on Facebook) that there must be a way to get some grants set up because its a historical building.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fallonites.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DaphneR Sun May 02, 2010 12:30 pm

If grants can be had, then why don't we (people of Fallon) donate our time and energy to better the theater? Free labor saves a lot of money. Let's get some community involvement that shows we have pride in our little town. I'm ready to pitch in...
DaphneR
DaphneR

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 03, 2010 11:38 am

I've sent an e-mail invite to the Erickson's. We need their input before we actually do anything.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fallonites.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum